About this research…
Opened in April 2017, Bristol Business School and Bristol Law School is a flagship space to attract international and home students, facilitate links with businesses, and provide collaborative spaces for staff to work together.
Stride Treglown (the building architects), ISG (building contractors) and Godfrey Syrett (furniture suppliers) and UWE Bristol Business School are collaborating on this research project to explore personal, emotional and sensory user experiences of the building through the use of social media and photography.
We want to:
a) learn more about user experiences of buildings using visual methods
b) engage a wide variety of people who use the building
For example, the ethos of the building is to be as transparent, collaborative and flexible as possible. How has this impacted on working practices? Is this happening as predicted? Has it been differently understood or experienced by users? What can we learn from this project that can help us develop and design buildings in the future?
So, we are asking all our staff, students, visitors, services and anyone coming into the building to get involved! Here’s how, in just a few easy steps:
- Post a photo to Instagram with the tag #myUWEBBSview
- In the caption, tell us how you are using the building or how you feel about the building. Tell us why you took the picture and what it means to you
If you are do not wish to use social media but you would like to get involved, you can:
- Take a photograph to show us how you are using the building or how you feel about the building
- Attach the images to an email
- Add a line or two in your email telling us why you took the picture and what it means to you
- Send your images and comments to myUWEBBSview@uwe.ac.uk
Please note: only photos from public accounts will appear. Photos from accounts set to private will not show.